I think me and parents get along quite nicely for the most part. We have a good relationship, but there most definitely has been some rough spots along the way. Most of the time, when we argue, It's about something that they don't think I can handle, and, well, I think otherwise. My parents have loosened up a lot on my limitations as I've gained trust but they used to be little up-tight. Some examples of these clashes would relate to movies I could and couldn't see. See, they have this website that spells out in detail every single bad thing in a movie. I can't tell you how many times we've got into heated debates about a movie, that I knew really wasn't that bad, because they looked on this website that made it sound like I was wanting to go watch some rated x flick. When the movie transformers first came out, they wouldn't even let me watch that! That's probably where our biggest movie fights took place. I told them I knew 6 year olds that went to see that movie. Anyway, that's just one instance out of many. Now days they pretty much let me use my own discretion, which is nice. And I do know they only had the best in mind. They just went a little overboard sometimes. But who can blame them, I know it's tough to be a parent and in their defence some of the movies they didn't let me watch really weren't good for me to be watching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment