Monday, May 24, 2010

Favorite High School Teachers and Coaches

It has been a real up and down ride when it comes to teachers and coaches throughout high school. I've had teachers and coaches I despised, and also teachers coaches that I very much enjoyed learning from. The first member of R-S Central faculty that pops in my head at the top of my list is Coach Fowler. Coach Fowler was my coach for 3 out of the 4 years I played high school baseball and has taught me a lot. Not only has he taught me so much about baseball and brought my talent to it's fullest potential, but he helped to teach me an attitude that will help me succeed in reaching my goals in life. He once told me that I shouldn't settle for ordinary, but that I should set my goals high, pushing my ability, and become extraordinary. It was that mind set that helped me do good in my final season of high school baseball, and I know it's something that will help me in life. Other teachers that I would call my favorites would be Ms. Cooke and Ms. Hodge. Ms. Cooke always has such a positive outlook on life and everyone loves her because of her giving, caring, and optimistic attitude. I can take her example and become a person with a similar attitude. Ms. Hodge just has an easy going way about her and I love the way she deals with her students. She deals with a lot in the classroom but she always keeps her cool and treats the troublemakers much nicer then I ever would. I can take her patience into life as I will be dealing with a lot of crazy stressful people. We also got along because of our similar love of baseball. She is always cool to talk baseball with.

No comments:

Post a Comment