The things I carry are of pure necessity
with my Ipod, boredom will never get the best of me
In my back pocket you'll find a wallet mostly empty
but i have what i need, and to me that's plenty
my cell is always handy, an electronical mass
but it's touch screen so it's hard to text in class
my keys are always draped at my side
I need them to drive my pimped out ride
my book bag is for lugging my school crap around
I can almost say it's got up to 500 pounds
inside you'll find; paper, books, and pens
sometimes clothes, it all depends
Sometimes you'll find my lunch encased in Tupperware
Mom makes food so good, I don't want to share
that's pretty much it, all that I carry
If you want something carried
don't call me, call the ferry
Other things I carry people cannot see
these are the things I lug inside of me
sometimes these things seem to heavy to bare
sometimes it's hard but i always get there
I carry the stress of long pointless assignments
and my procrastination shows my defiance
I carry the expectations of my mother and father
if i go far, they tell me to go farther
My future, is ever weighing on my mind
I don't wanna make a rash decision, don't want to fall behind
this is the thing that weighs me down the most
but I stay calm, because I know God is close
with my Ipod, boredom will never get the best of me
In my back pocket you'll find a wallet mostly empty
but i have what i need, and to me that's plenty
my cell is always handy, an electronical mass
but it's touch screen so it's hard to text in class
my keys are always draped at my side
I need them to drive my pimped out ride
my book bag is for lugging my school crap around
I can almost say it's got up to 500 pounds
inside you'll find; paper, books, and pens
sometimes clothes, it all depends
Sometimes you'll find my lunch encased in Tupperware
Mom makes food so good, I don't want to share
that's pretty much it, all that I carry
If you want something carried
don't call me, call the ferry
Other things I carry people cannot see
these are the things I lug inside of me
sometimes these things seem to heavy to bare
sometimes it's hard but i always get there
I carry the stress of long pointless assignments
and my procrastination shows my defiance
I carry the expectations of my mother and father
if i go far, they tell me to go farther
My future, is ever weighing on my mind
I don't wanna make a rash decision, don't want to fall behind
this is the thing that weighs me down the most
but I stay calm, because I know God is close

No comments:
Post a Comment