Monday, May 24, 2010

My Life

My Life
August 10, 1992, is when my life began. I was born into a family of four, consisting of me, my adopted brother, Stephen, who is from Brazil and is now 24, my adopted sister, Janete, who is from Brazil and is now 28, and my real sister, Allison, who is now 28. I have a real brother that died before I was born in a car accident. I can't wait to meet him in heaven. I now have a little brother named Jacob who is four. He is also adopted.I'll have to say my first few years are a blur. But from what I've heard, it consisted of me crying, being cute, making messes in my diaper, and just well, being a baby. The earliest memory i have of my life is actually really random. It consists of me, I'm guessing I was probably 3 or 4, getting my diaper changed in K-mart and me not liking it one bit. Why do I remember this? I have no clue. Another random memory I have is playing in the river at my old house, which was in the backwoods of Green Hill, and watching, in shock and agony, as my favorite shoes floated down the river and to their utter end. I have lived in 3 houses in my life. The first, in the backwoods of Green Hill where my favorite shoes were claimed by the fearsome river. The second, right beside the Restwell Rest home. In this particular home, our carport ended in about an 8 foot drop, separated from the carport by a wall that stood only about a couple feet high. One day when I was around 5 or 6, I had my back turned to the drop off and I tripped over the wall and fell backwards and almost upside down into the bushes below the ledge. Luckily, the bushes broke my fall and I walked away with only a few scratches and cuts. The fall left me shaken pretty good though. We moved into the house we are in now when I was 8 or 9. It is very conveniently located 30 seconds from my church and 2 minutes from my school. I've played a few different sports in my life but the main one has always been baseball. I played soccer when i was 8 and was fairly decent but i didn't enjoy it like baseball. I had my first organized baseball experience when I was 8 in the Bill's Creek T-Ball league. That is where i first fell in love with the game. After a couple years there, at age 10, I began little league at Crestview Park. I had a blast playing there. Little League is where I hit my first home run. I remember looking up at my dad after I hit and seeing him nod and smile in approval, I was on top of the world. My most memorable moment in little league would have to be when I hit three homers in one game. I don't think I've ever felt so good as I did then. I remember the umpire asking me if I ate steroids for breakfast. I stuck with baseball, playing for Bill Morris' traveling team and also playing in a couple other leagues. I am about to tell you something most people do not believe. I was home schooled from pre-school through 8th grade. I think the simple fact that I am not a nerd throws most people off when I tell them I spent the majority of my school years at home. I didn't mind home school up until about 7th and 8th grade. Sure I liked the sleeping till 8:30 or so, and the getting done with school at 12:30 or so, but I had a deep longing to just get out there. I'm too social of a person to spend my days by my lonesome doing my schoolwork. I co-oped with some of my friends from church but I really just wanted to go to public school. So after much deliberation, my parents decided since my curriculum was getting harder to teach and because of baseball, that they would let me go to public high school.Most of my life before high school just consisted of hanging out with my friends and being young. I remember some of the games we used to play that involved running around the yard in capes and and fighting with sticks (the sticks were actually light sabers). I also took piano lessons for a few years but I eventually lost interest in it and picked up the guitar. I love just sitting back and strumming my guitar every once in a while. It helps me relax and gives me something to do when I'm bored. Anyway, my life up until highschool was pretty simple and carefree. I have great parents that have gone out of their way many times to make my life fun and interesting. They have helped me get to where I am now and I am thankful to God and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment