Thursday, May 27, 2010
Moments I'll Never Forget
Where should I begin? There have been so many memories created in high school and my earlier years that I will never forget. Not all of these moments are pleasurable or happy; some of them are quite the opposite. Whether they are good or bad, I've lived through some moments that have made an impact on my life and helped me grow into who I am today. I suppose the most memories I've made, or at least some of the best ones, have been on the baseball field. Baseball has always meant a lot to me and whenever I was able to push my talent to the max and really perform, it felt really good. My first high school baseball memory takes place in a home game against King's Mountain my sophomore year. I had really been struggling at the plate and I really needed something to happen to boost my confidence. That something I needed came when I hit my first homerun of the season and my high school career. That made me very happy, but I was even happier when on my next at-bat I was able to put another one over the fence in left center, I was pretty ecstatic. Between then and now a lot has happened that I’ll never forget while playing ball, but my latest unforgettable memory took place recently at our 1st round playoff home game against St. Stevens. I had gone the whole without hitting a home run and right before stepping to the plate for my last at-bat of the game, Caleb Johnson got my attention and said,”5 bucks if you hit one out”. I took his bet into consideration and sure enough I was able to knock a 3 run homer over the left field fence that was barely in fair play. Off the field there has also been some unforgettable memories, most of take place during the summer just hanging out with my friends at the lake or the beach. This blog would be endless if I started talking about all the memories that have taken place in those places. I’ll never forget doing crazy flips off the top of boat houses with some of my best friends and just having a good time. I’ll also never forget certain parts of the many family vacations I’ve experienced. A lot of laughs, good times, and life-threatening times were had on these vacations. I'll also never forget 2/20/2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment